Week by Week – W34Y2016
Getting back into the swing of things after a long break sucks. A step behind and a minute late to everything. But we just keep chipping away until things are back to running like a well oiled machine.
We went to check out some scooters. We’re seriously considering going to one car and a scooter going forward. It’s really hard to justify having two cars now with options like Marta, Uber, Bikes and walkable areas at our disposable. Also, we’re doing some redecorating. We may have over-decorated a bit and now that we have been in our house for a year we have defined a design language we like and want to aim for.
Like Chinua Achebe said, Things Fall Apart and like Maya Angelou said, when people show you who they are, believe them. This election season, I also realized that most of the traffic to my website is to read reviews I have written. I will try and start churning out more product and software reviews over time.
- 3 runs in, 1 strength training session and some long walks. More importantly, I tightened up my diet and saw the results on the scale. I could do a lot better at my recovery efforts.
- For all my efforts to stay ahead, there are always 21 questions waiting for me and I seem to be triple booked for meetings. I have to find a way to take long vacation breaks and be able to come back to a soft landing.
- More catch up here. Distributing souvenirs, dinner dates, and trying to get things around the house in order. It’s like they say, you need a vacation from your vacation.
- What did I learn?
- Babbel+ is a great language learning app. I am committing to learning Spanish in anticipation of some trips to Spanish speaking countries next year.
- What did I do to help my future?
- Planned out trips through the end of 2017.
- How did I help someone this week?
- Researching new cars for my mom.
- Who do I love?
- Colleagues, really kept my projects in running smoothly while I was away.
- What am I grateful for?
- The service economy. We have so many of our day-to-day activities supported by maintenance and automation services. It really makes taking time off and coming back easier.