I was reminded this week by how circular life is this week. Visiting friends and watching them raise their kids while tracing back memories of weddings and parties so long ago. Life really is a never-ending set of short stories that comprise the novel of that will become your legacy. In all that I remembered why it is so important to never assume anything about anyone. My father always told us there is no such thing as a stupid question and with every year I see how true that is. So many things and events shape who we are, and those intricate details are what I love about people so much. Rich experiences that make people unique and beautiful.
Always ask questions, keep exploring and be curious.
3 Pillars Accomplishments
- A great close to a month with a heavy load of training. Decided to keep a subscription to ClassPass and use it as a supplement to our LA Fitness memberships. Bought some new running shoes and went back to my most trusted pair; the Nike Free 3 Flyknit. I hate what they cost but they really are the best shoes for me.
- Travel on the horizon again and the close of our fiscal year. Yeah, shit just got real.
- Great to reflect back on so many years of friendship with friends and see them as parents now while their kids .
- What did I learn?
- Watched The Big Short and felt even more depressed about how bad the fate of many rests in the hands of a few gambling at high stake poker.
- What did I do to help my future?
- Re-focused renovation plans to by phasing them out into realistic chunks. We need to focus on quality and not quantity. Be patient.
- How did I help someone this week?
- Built log cabins with our friend’s son Nicholas and talked about space. Kids are great.
- Who do I love?
- My mom, she still calls me to remind me to take my vitamins.
- What am I grateful for?
- Alleve, a better pain-killer than Advil and a must after a heavy month of training.