Week by Week – W06Y2016
I learned some interesting family history this week. Specifically, that my father was married once before he met my mother for a couple of years. My mom and dad never told us about it because he got married super young, when he was 19, and it only lasted a couple of years. That is the type of material that makes for some great story corps interviews. I wish I could sit down and have a beer with him, especially this weekend because the Super Bowl was a favorite event of ours.
DIY is not so daunting. If you buy all the right tools, do the research and take your time, you can be an HGTV star too.
3 Pillars Accomplishments
- Not the most productive week. Went 4 for 7 but got in two 7+ mile walks in. With two weeks left before my first half marathon in over a year, I just needed time to let my body recover. I feel ready and I am looking forward to it.
- Getting ready for a trip to Las Vegas and also another possible trip to Amsterdam. I guess work travel is not all bad.
- Spent a great weekend with friends watching the Super Bowl, sampling rum and planning some landscaping.
- What did I learn?
- My father almost didn’t have us; if his first marriage had worked out. Learned also how to do some light electrical re-wiring around the house. The key, have all the right tools.
- What did I do to help my future?
- Got lots of quotes and plans for improving our landscape and plan to do a lot of it ourselves.
- How did I help someone this week?
- Assisted a friend learning to code by testing his first web app.
- Who do I love?
- My family. You only get one and I miss them even when they are right next to me.
- What am I grateful for?
- Patience. I don’t have as much of it as I used to, but when I really embrace it, the results are always worth it. .