What a crazy week this was. Work conference in Vegas, getting sick, and spending Valentine’s day with LuLu while Angela is off to Brussels for work. While in Vegas I won almost $500 but also missed out on a lot of fun laid up in bed sick when I was not in conference meetings. I was only 3 for 7 on training and even those days were half efforts. I made the decision
More DIY success but mostly planning and researching big projects. I am just sick of sky-high quotes for tasks that I am more than capable of doing with careful planning and selective help. I am also thinking of jettisoning the artificial turf idea and willing grass to grow in the backyard.
As far as gambling, I used my trusted rule of 3 in various ways to better my odds and manage my burn rate when the dealer was winning. A few colleagues made out well too. One winning $15k and the other about $2k. The rest burned through a lot of cash thinking they could take the house.
3 Pillars Accomplishments
- Not a great week but a big weekend on the horizon. Running in my first half marathon in over a year. I am as fit as I can be and just need to trust my training. It’s a course and race I have run three times before so there is a lot of familiarity there. I am not going for a PR but would like to finish under one hour and forty minutes.
- Vegas was a great networking trip. Getting to see colleagues from around the world and offices. We had some great team building experiences and laughs. Linking forward to hopefully visiting a few of the regional offices around the globe over time.
- My social life was pretty much Vegas. However, since Angela had to leave Saturday to go to, we used Friday night to celebrate Valentine’s Day. We ended up, unplanned, at some of our old favorites when we started dating. Places like Apres Diem, Cafe Intermezzo and an action movie. All of these brought us right back to when we were younger and falling in love.
- What did I learn?
- The Raspberry Pi Zero has no case with it or enough USB ports. Make sure you order a hub and case with yours. Also, someone, be it the dealer or a player always gets a Black Jack after the deck is reshuffled. Safe to bet low on those hands.
- What did I do to help my future?
- Made a little extra cash in Vegas and started Raspberry Pi and outdoor projects.
- How did I help someone this week?
- Visited an old friend for his 30th Birthday and showed the recent college grads around Vegas.
- Who do I love?
- My wife, for giving me such a great life.
- What am I grateful for?
- Web searches. If you are looking for DIY advice, chances are you will find it.