What a slow week for training but an exciting week of entertainment. House of Cards was released, my butt is sore from sitting on the couch. The Walking Dead is in full gear. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis as well as Santigold released new albums. You just can’t be bored. I ran with LuLu in her first race at Atlantic Station. Even with a hilly course and slow start we finished second in age group. My calves were sore most of the race and she was easily distracted, so we have a lot to improve on.
Most exciting though is that we completed our first landscaping project in the backyard and are diving deep into finishing the general area in the backyard. Trees are being pruned, sod laid, paver patios set and old shrubs ripped out. Lots of exciting stuff. I can’t wait to put together a before and after album. We are putting in a lot of work ourselves but have brought in extra help from Hightower Gardens Landscaping to get the job done right.
Need to blog more. People are not discovering my site and all of my side projects are suffering without some tracking of it. Stick around at the end of all races. I left after our 10K not realizing I had taken 2nd in age group and left a cash prize behind.
3 Pillars Accomplishments
- 4 out of 7 days but a clear plan to get back on track and ready for a full race season. Including triathlons.
- Starting to get pulled into lots of projects by colleagues and called on for help. I am enjoying being here more and more. I also want to start on a three coding side projects ASAP.
- Wrapped up booking trips for the rest of the year for the most part. Caught up with a lot of friends and went to a speak easy. Probably drank too much also.
- What did I learn?
- Wear the right shoes and stretch before races. NO MATTER WHAT!
- What did I do to help my future?
- Employed help to get the landscaping projects done right. Will focus the extra time on getting the little details right.
- How did I help someone this week?
- Mentoring an OU Junior on career options, blogging and life.
- Who do I love?
- Neighbors, so sociable and trust worthy.
- What am I grateful for?
- Kickstarter, pushing new ideas through where established manufactures drop the ball. Such as the KP Duffle – The Ultimate Travel Bag.