“Pre-crastinator,” that’s the word of the week. I learned it while listening to this week’s Ted Radio Hour Podcast, “Slowing Down.” Coined by psychologist Adam Grant, it refers to those among us who are hyper planners and obsessed with getting maximizing efficiency out of every minute. I immediately identified with this and was enthralled with the podcast’s lessons on how you need to slow down. That being said, we immediately started planning out more slow down periods, “vacations,” through the end of next year.
Slowing down is a path way to creativity if only because it forces you to ruminate on an ideas which only improves them. People are in your life for seasons and sometimes those seasons come back. Always, always use True Car when car shopping. It will save you so much time and unwanted haggling.
- 4 runs in, 1 strength training session but no swim or cycling workouts. Kind of disappointing in that the week was not balanced. Inspired by 3 events to pursue another half Ironman and I am pretty sure it will be Augusta.
- Back into the full swing of things but struggling to find enough hours in the day to get everything done. Working more on getting the side project up and running. I hope to increase my tech posts again once that is full steam ahead. Quick trip to NYC for work. Still probably the greatest city in the world.
- Birthday parties, catching up with friends having babies and those whose kids are now almost the age we were when we first became friends.
- What did I learn?
- Bonobos’ corporate HQ is in the same building as one of my clients. I had to do some research shopping of course.
- What did I do to help my future?
- Cemented Holiday plans.
- How did I help someone this week?
- Car shopping with my mom.
- Who do I love?
- All the people who make it so easy being friends just by being who they are and speaking their minds.
- What am I grateful for?
- True Car app. The only way to car shop in 2016.