Busy busy. What was supposed to be a lake house weekend trip for Labor Day was rudely interrupted by our car being broken into the night before. So, we rearranged plans to deal with that but had an excellent end to the holiday weekend. Got in some great golfing, walks and runs, and an awesome Monday grilling out in the backyard with family and friends. Always a silver lining.
LuLu is too aggressive to take running. She was pulling me at one point at a sub 7 min per mile pace. Grilling a whole chicken on the Green Egg is easier than I thought. The hardest thing is making sure you give yourself enough time to slow cook it at around 300 degrees for 3 hours. It’s worth it to buy a convEGGtors and chicken stand also. I am more excited about smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving now. Also got a new Garmin Watch, 735 XT, which will become my exclusive training and personal watch. Dumping the Apple Watch Sport and will write reviews on both soon. Discovered a great new game for Apple TV that finally justifies buying a blue tooth controller. I just wish there was an iOS version of the app also.
- Lots of strength training but still no swimming and running. Still looking for that balanced week of training.
- Firefighting issues and getting technically detailed on various implementations.
- Looking forward to checking out Cape Cod and glad to have seen the summer off in such a great way, Sweatshirts, warm coffee and piles of leaves up next. .
- What did I learn?
- Any car without an alarm system makes no sense.
- What did I do to help my future?
- Stuck with my Spanish lessons and may have a system for learning faster.
- How did I help someone this week?
- Missed one of my Fantasy Football league drafts. Now all of my opponents will have easy matches.
- Who do I love?
- Athletes willing to take a career chance to make stand.
- What am I grateful for?
- State Farm Insurance. Simple, consistent and reliable.