A great week leading into fall. Travelled to Boston and Cape Cod. Got to catch up with my cousin Michael. I really, really love Cape Cod, especially Provincetown. This area is like Florida but with crazy. Really looking forward to visiting again hopefully next summer for a trip to Martha’s Vineyard, Cape Cod and Bean town.
Always pack at least 1 pair of swim trunks if you can even sniff the beach. You may get lucky and get a temporary break of warm weather and be glad you did.
- Getting into a great training groove although I am not cross training. Starting to formulate a race schedule for next year and will try and get in as much competition this fall as possible. Just have to stay on top of my recovery.
- Work is what brought me up to Cape Cod. Kicking the next week off with brief offsite meeting to reset and re-align goals for remainder of the year.
- Haven’t had a chance to get caught up.
- What did I learn?
- How important it is to design and plan out what you want to build or create before you put one minute of effort into doing it. With the caveat that to learn a skill you should do it a lot; but once you .
- What did I do to help my future?
- Grilled a whole chicken. It is inspiring me to want to get into meal prep.
- How did I help someone this week?
- Gave some swim tips to a couple of triathletes from Cape Cod who will be racing in Santa Cruz, CA in a few weeks. Having done multiple swims around the wharf there I tried to give them the best guidance I could.
- Who do I love?
- A whole town, Provincetown, MA. What a great gem of a city in the NorthEast. We’d live here in the summer if we could.
- What am I grateful for?
- Bill Belichick. Other teams have big up and down swings because they don’t have steady leadership at the top. Not the case with the Patriots.